Want to get rid of stretch marks?
Then you’re in the right place.
Because today, I’m going to reveal 17 simple ways to get rid of your stretch marks, fast.
But let me say this right away:
I’m NOT going to bore you with 3 fat paragraphs explaining what stretch marks are.
Instead, I’m going show you how to actually get rid of your stretch marks.
Let’s get started.
- 1. Spread Aloe Vera Over Your Stretch Marks
- 2. Apply a Stretch Mark Cream Twice A Day
- 3. Use Coconut Oil
- 4. Get Rid of Your Stretch Marks With Retinol
- 5. Massage Your Skin With Black Tea
- 6. Rub Your Skin With Natural White Sugar
- 7. Keep Your Skin Hydrated With Moisturizer
- 8. Use Lemon Juice
- 9. Massage Your Skin With Tea Tree Oil
- 10. Apply Egg White
- 11. Rub Your Skin With Potato Juice
- 12. Treat Your Stretch Marks With Olive Oil
- 13. Intake Gelatin Daily
- 14. Use Red Light Therapy
- 15. Put Onions Over Your Stretch Marks
- 16. Consider Laser Therapy
- 17. Remove Your Stretch Marks With a Dermaroller
1. Spread Aloe Vera Over Your Stretch Marks
Aloe Vera keeps your skin moist, which is important for treating your skin fast and effectively.
(This is why you find aloe vera in many beauty products)
Here’s how to use aloe vera to treat your stretch marks:
2. Apply Stretch Mark Cream Twice a Day
Applying stretch mark creams is one of the FASTEST way to remove your stretch marks.
(It can reduce the appearance of your stretch marks in as little as 3 weeks)
Bottom line: if you want to get rid of your stretch marks as fast as possible, I recommend this method. (Click here to read my stretch mark cream reviews)
However, if you are on a budget, I have other options for you later in this post.
With that, here’s how to apply a stretch mark cream on your skin (for best results):
- Take a warm shower to open pores in your skin.
- Put a thick amount of stretch mark cream on stretch marks.
- Gently massage in a circular motion for about 2 minutes.
- Allow at least 5 minutes to fully penetrate into your skin, before putting on clothes.
- Apply twice a day until you see results.
3. Use Coconut Oil
Coconut oil increases blood flow to your skin, and produces collagen fibers, which is important for treating stretch marks.
It also helps your skin retain its elasticity and suppleness.
Here’s how to use coconut oil to remove your stretch marks:
- Cut a coconut in half, and use a scraper to extract the flesh.
- Chop the flesh into small pieces
- Shred them in a blender at medium speed. Add some hot water if necessary.
- Pour into a jar over a strainer.
- Leave the jar in the fridge overnight. (This allows separation of coconut milk and oil)
- Scoop out the curd from the jar. (This is the solidified coconut oil)
- Place them in a saucepan, turn on the stove for low-medium heat.
- While stirring frequently, cook for 1 hour.
- Let it cool down for 15 minutes, and pour over a coffee filter to extract oil.
- Apply this oil twice a day on stretch marks until you see improvement.
4. Get Rid of Your Stretch Marks with Retinol
Retinol is another fast way to get rid of your stretch marks.
But what is Retinol exactly?
Retinol is a compound found in Vitamin A, which produces collagen that is needed to repair your stretch marks.
Retinol also works great if you got your stretch marks recently.
However, excess Vitamin A may not be safe to use while your pregnant.
So if you’re pregnant, consult your doctor before using Retinol.
So with that out of the way,
Here’s how to apply Retinol to remove stretch marks:
- Get a Retinol cream.
- Apply a small amount on areas of stretch marks.
- Apply once every other day in the first week.
- Apply once a day in the second week.
- From week 3, apply twice a day, morning and night after a warm shower.
- Continue application until you see a result.
5. Massage Your Skin with Black Tea
Black tea massage is a highly effective and fast way of getting rid of stretch marks at home.
Because it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which help decrease in cell damages and control skin pigmentation.
Black tea massage directions:
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of black tea powder.
- Dissolve the black tea powder in warm water.
- Add salt and then boil it for about 2 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 30 minutes.
- Apply on affected areas of your skin 3 times a day.
See results in about 3 to 4 weeks.
6. Rub Your Skin With Natural White Sugar
Natural white sugar is an effective solution that helps to exfoliate skin, get rid of dead skin cells as well as encourage the formation of new skin.
Due to its excellent natural exfoliating properties, sugar can help you fade away stretch marks effectively.
How to use sugar to eliminate stretch marks
- Mix two tablespoons of natural white sugar with some almond oil.
- Apply it on areas of stretch marks for a few minutes.
- Let your skin absorb for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water or take a warm shower.
Continue this for at least a month to see your stretch marks fade away.
It sounds strange, but it actually works.
7. Keep Your Skin Hydrated With Moisturizer
One of the best ways of removing stretch marks fast is by using an appropriate moisturizer.
A recent study showed that women who applied herbal moisturizers regularly at home witnessed significant improvement in their stretch marks than those who didn’t.
Herbal moisturizers not only help you fade away the appearance of stretch marks on the skin, but also tighten your skin by boosting its elasticity.
Thus, if your skin has lots of stretch marks, all you need to do is hydrate it so as to tighten it and reduce their appearance.
They will also help you to prevent appearance of new ones, especially if you apply the lotion on areas prone to developing stretch marks in the future.
An appropriate herbal moisturizer will remove your stretch marks gradually, meaning you need to be patient.
If you don’t trust the safety and quality of your chemical based moisturizer, consider replacing it with a natural moisturizer made from Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ oil or Olive Oil.
8. Use Lemon Juice
Another simple way of getting rid of stretch marks fast is to apply lemon juice.
Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps reduce and heal stretch marks, acne, pimples and other skin ailments.
It is considered a natural treatment that helps to lighten the skin efficiently.
The acidic properties of lemon juice helps to make stretch marks less visible and then speeds up the healing process.
In order to use lemon juice as a home remedy for stretch marks, apply lemon juice onto the affected areas of the skin in a circular motion.
How to use lemon for stretch mark removal:
- Squeeze out the juice from a lemon.
- Apply lemon juice on stretch marks in a circular motion for 3 minutes.
- Allow 10-20 minutes to get absorbed in to the skin.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Note that lemon juice is highly acidic.
Thus, you should be careful when using it to treat stretch marks as it can cause irritation and redness, especially if you have a sensitive skin.
To prevent this irritation, dilute your lemon juice with sufficient amount of water before applying it on your stretch marks.
9. Massage Your Skin With Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil comes from a variety of tea tree plants including the Australian tea tree and the New Zealand tea tree.
In fact, tea tree oil has been used for skin treatment purposes by Australian aboriginals for decades.
It is no wonder that tea tree oil is becoming one of the methods of repairing skin from stretch marks.
How to use tea tree oil:
- Apply small amount of tea tree oil on stretch marks.
- Gently massage in a circular motion for 3 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes to get absorbed, before wearing clothes.
10. Apply Egg White
If you are looking for a less drastic solution to getting rid of stretch marks, applying egg whites is a great procedure.
Egg whites contain amino acids that have the ability to repair skin, transforming your skin into a smooth and glowing texture.
How to apply egg whites:
- Prepare 2 eggs.
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Give a quick and light whipping to the egg whites using a fork.
- Apply a think layer of egg whites over stretch marks.
- Allow it to dry completely, then rinse with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure 3 times a day.
It will take around 1 month to see results.
11. Rub Your Skin With Potato Juice
Potato can naturally brighten you skin, which ultimately help stretch marks fade away.
Starch in potato carries emollient properties that soothes the skin, promoting regeneration of skin cells.
Click here to read a stretch mark removal story with potato juice.
How to apply potato juice:
- Slice a raw potato into pieces.
- Gently rub the pieces on stretch marks.
- Let the potato juice dry for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and apply moisturizer.
- Do this twice a day. You can choose to leave the potato slice on overnight as well.
12. Treat Your Stretch Marks With Olive Oil
Olive oil is a magnificent skin-nourishing agent that you can easily grab from your own kitchen.
Olive oil is rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, which play play a major role in speeding up the healing process within your skin cells.
How to treat stretch marks with Olive Oil
- Pour 3-4 ounces of olive oil in a pan.
- Lightly warm up in low heat.
- Transfer the olive oil to a small bowl.
- Apply on your stretch marks and massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Do this daily until you see results.
13. Intake Gelatin Daily
Gelatin significantly helps your body to produce sufficient amount of collagen.
Collagen is a very powerful skin elasticity booster, which will ultimately aid in repairing stretch marks and promoting skin cell regeneration.
However, we generally lack gelatin in our daily diet today.
A healthy and efficient way of supplying gelatin to your body would through taking a vitamin gummy everyday.
By doing this, you are ingesting gelatin, vitamin D, and vitamin E, which all help in getting rid of stretch marks.
14. Use Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy uses infrared light to penetrate your skin to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, as well as to improve the blood flow to skin tissues.
Not only it gets rid of stretch marks, but it has also been proved to treat acne, wrinkles, and minor burns.
It sounds very surgical, but you don’t need to go to a clinic to start this method as there are many FDA-approved red light therapy devices on the market.
Whats the bottom line?
It is a very effective method, while being 100% chemical-free and pain-free
How to use red light therapy to get rid of stretch marks (based on TrophySkin RejuvaliteMD Red Light Therapy Device)
- Wash the area of stretch marks.
- Place the panel 4-6 inches away from your treatment area.
- Where a pair protective goggles if the treatment area is close to your eyes.
- Turn the device on and remain still for 5 minutes.
- Apply moisturizer or stretch mark cream after.
- Repeat this 5 times a week.
15. Put Onions Over Your Stretch Marks
These two agents are proven to repair damaged skin cells, explaining why onions have been used as a method to remove stretch marks for many years.
As long as you are okay with the smell of onions, it’s a great home remedy to get rid of your stretch marks.
How to use onions to get rid of stretch marks
1. Prepare a fresh red onion
2. Chop in to round strips.
3. Rub the onion strips directly on your stretch marks for 1 minute.
4. Refrigerate the onion strips.
1. Take the onion strips out of the fridge.
2. Grind them in a blender until you get a thick mash.
3. Strain the onion mash and soak a clean cloth into it.
4. Wrap the area of stretch marks with the cloth over night.
Repeat this every other day.
16. Consider Laser Therapy
Laser or light therapy is one of the newest and fastest treatments for stretch mark removal.
It is a non-surgical procedure that uses a beam of light to break down stretch marks and enhance the appearance of the skin.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery recommends laser treatment as the only proven way of removing stretch marks fast.
In just a few simple treatment sessions (between 3 to 10 sessions), you can get rid of ALL types of stretch marks on your skin.
Each session takes about 30 minutes to complete and delivers superior, long lasting results.
What’s even more amazing is that there’s typically no downtime with this treatment.
What happens during a laser stretch mark treatment session?
- A doctor will use a laser machine to pass pulses of laser light to break down stretch marks on the affected areas of the skin.
- This triggers the production of new tissues and helps to improve the color of your skin.
- The new collagen produced will make the stretch marks smoother in texture and diminish their appearance.
Types of Laser Stretch Mark Treatments
There are three major types of laser treatment that can help you get rid of stretch marks quickly.
Excimer Laser Treatment
- Uses UV light to disrupt skin tissue to allow skin to self heal
Treats red stretch marks
- min. 10 sessions
Vascular Laser Treatment
- Light energy targets blood vessels and damages skin tissues, then allow skin cell to regenerate
Treats red stretch marks
- min. 6 sessions
Frational Laser Treatment
- Laser beam targets a fraction of the skin at a time
Treats both red and white stretch marks
- min. 3 sessions
Dermarolling, also known as collagen induction therapy or micro needling, is a highly effective treatment option that are commonly used by dermatologists.
However, it can also be used at home fairly easily.
A Dermaroller consists of a tiny wheel connected to a small supporting handle.
The wheel is covered with minute medically sterilized needles that enter the skin, resulting in multiple minute micro injuries.
The treatment for stretch marks starts when the skin responds by secreting collagen fibers to treat these micro injuries.
This stimulates the blood supply to the skin and makes the skin to plump up again, which consequently diminishes the appearance of stretch marks.
Although the procedure may sound terrifying, there is little to no downtime.
How to use Dermaroller (use 1.5-2.0mm needle for stretch marks)
- Disinfect the dermaroller with an alcohol for 5 minutes.
- Cleanse your skin.
- Apply numbing cream (if needed).
- Pull your skin taut with your free hand.
- Roll vertically, horizontally, and diagonally 8-10 times each. (do not apply too much pressure)
- Wash with warm water, allow air-dry.
- Apply small amount of skin serum.
- Apply moisturizer the next day.
- Repeat this every 2-3 weeks.
You will start seeing results after 4-5 sessions.
Here’s The Next Step…
These are just some of the best ways of how to get rid of stretch marks fast.
Now I’d like to hear from you.
Which of the 17 methods are you going to try first?
Or which ones have worked for you?
Let me know by leaving a comment right below.